DUI arrests are on the rise in #Arizona and with #CincoDeMayo around the corner they may continue to increase. To have a safe and great time Kester Law Group has some suggestions.
- Plan ahead. If you are going to drink, make sure that you have a designated driver, taxi number, drive-share app or driving service.
- If you drink, drink responsibly. Know your limit. It takes 2 hours to burn off the alcohol from 1 beer, 4 hours for 1 Margarita and 8 hours for 1 Long Island Ice Tea! Avoid a #DUI. If you are stopped, call Kester Law Group. You are not required to perform a field sobriety test. However, there are other tests that you must comply with or face further/other legal ramifications.
- Avoid driving during high traffic times. Most accidents occur after 5 p.m. Just because you are driving and being responsible does not mean the other drivers are doing the same.
- Look out for pedestrians. #Arizona has the highest rate for pedestrian deaths in the nation. 1.61 pedestrian deaths per 100,000 people. Double the national average!
- Drive defensively. Avoid tailgating, steer clear of cars that seem to be swerving outside of their lanes and, even at green lights, be sure to look both ways at intersections in case a drunk or distracted driver did not see the light change.
Kester Law Group is a #DUIdefense and #personalinjury firm in #Phoenix, #Arizona that offers free consultations with no obligations for your legal matters. Call now (480) 771-6000.